I have authored, designed and led numerous workshops and trainings focusing on the following topics:
- Feminist Transformative Justice Writing
- Gender-based violence
- Grant/fellowship writing
- How to engage public media to amplify your organization’s mission
- How to transform your organization’s message into a story that has impact
- Media justice and literacy
- Media reporting on sexual violence
- Op-ed pitching and writing
- Storytelling for social justice
- Social media strategies
- Supporting survivors
I am available to customize facilitation for decision-making processes, meetings, and retreats. In my workshops and trainings, I ensure to emphasize not only issues but also strategic solutions. They are creative and interactive so that they are engaging and the information is accessible to multiple learning styles.
Examples of workshops I’ve designed:
Claudia Garcia-Rojas and Maya Schenwar during their Feminist Transformative Justice Writing Workshop
In a media landscape where “justice” means punishment, is it possible to do journalism in the service of feminist, transformative justice? Our session will focus on what it means to write toward transformative justice. We will reflect on how the media impacts “justice,” particularly in relation to women of color, and will discuss articles written through a feminist transformative lens. Participants will create the opening paragraph of an op-ed.